How to...

Felt pom-pom balls....

Okay no laughing. This is my FIRST EVER how to. I made these for Little Emma's room. Not much of a fan of mobiles so this is plan B. I hope this is easy enough to understand.

You will need….
Magazines
Duct tape
Hot glue gun, with lots of glue
Felt (4 for $1) hobby lobby
Ribbon
Okay so Styrofoam balls are expensive little things! So I searched online to fined a cheaper way, and boy did I. Magazines and duct tape!! 8 Sheets of felt for the smaller balls and 11 for the bigger one.


First things first, Is to rip pages from a magazine out and crumble into a ball.
Put together the crumbled up paper and start wrapping with duct tape. You don’t want to do it to tight though cause then you will be on this step forever and it doesn’t look right. I did 2 about the same size and one larger.  Its okay if the balls aren’t totally perfect cause after you can smash them to a good size after.
Trace them circles, and cut them, my circles were 3” I found it was easier and faster to pin together 2 sheets of felt (so you only have to trace half) worked great for me! So I got 12 circles on one piece of felt. They don’t need to be perfect, just not pointy.
5 years later…..
Glue gun is plugged in; don’t burn yourself a million times like I did. Okay so take a circle put a dot of glue in the middle  and fold it in half, you may notice here that your circle look weird and aren’t perfect…it’s really okay. So then put another dot of glue in the middle of that and fold it over. Easy? Yes! It just takes A LOT of time.
So now you have like a billion little forchen cookies. Now just put some glue on the bottom of the “cookie” and place it on the ball. There is no right way to do this step. You want it to be random. Mine aren’t too close but close enough that you don’t see through them. Just don’t glue them flat you want them to stick out. After I thought I was done I went back and filled some holes I had, and I still have a few extra left. Last but not least….Add some cute ribbon to the top.

I Spent about 8 dollars total for these!
There gonna look SO cute in here room i can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment