3 Weeks

3 week old Emma.

I feel like it gets easier every day. She stays awake longer during the day which is very nice. She is back up to her birth weight and has grown an inch already! Nights are still a bit crazy for us. She sometimes decides to stay awake for 2-3 hours during the night…not fun. We started a routine last night. I know it will take time but I would rather start sooner than later.  First a bath then feeding while dad reads scriptures followed by rocking her. It worked great, but we shall see about the rest of the week.My parents came for a week when Emma was first born and they helped us out so much! When my parents left Jared’s parents came they were here for 2 days, they also helped and last but not least Jared’s sister Dawn came out for 2 days and she helped us also. She is a great cook!! The help was nice but it was nice when it was just our little family together. Thank you all that helped us!! When my dad was here he took some pictures of us, here are a few with some of this past week. 

 One week old
One week old.
 She has a big ol' pot belly!
 Already holding in the pacifier...j/k i only caught her doing it.
My husband loves me <3
My cute little Emma.

This past week she has....
Started smiling and talking, in her sleep.
Getting use to that big head and holding it up strong.(we still help her most of the time)
Learned how to scream bloody murder....
Stays awake longer than an hour.
Loves bath time.
She lost her umbilical cord the first week.
has grown 1 inch
and 
put on some weight!!
Sleeps longer than 2 hours at night, thank you!!

Well that's all for now. I'll try my hardest to update every week. Who knew having a baby was a full time job, hehehe =]

No comments:

Post a Comment