38 Weeks

Late again, sorry. This week has been filled with cleaning and finishing the babies room. I've got everything ready that i can. I/she has stuff in Arizona that is still coming so i have to wait tell she is here! Had our weekly  doctors appointment yesterday, i guessed i would be at least a 3....WRONG WAS I. I'm not anything, my cervix is still hard and not open, baby has not even dropped! Errr! So the doc had to ask how we feel about C-section....Not what we want but we want what is best for our Emma. Of course they will do everything they can do first before the C-Section.

Emma is the size of a.....
pumpkin.
(Yum I can't wait tell fall and to make all the pumpkin cookies and bread.)
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen. Her head looked pretty big when we saw it last week.
She may have about an inch or so of hair already, lets hope it's red!
She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
This week i made i think the last thing for the babies room.....
I wanted it to be bigger but i could not find a good mirror. The only thing i really paid for is the paint! The sticks are from Home Depot, which are free. The mirrors i got at Pier 1 with a gift card! The paint Hobby Lobby so like 90 cents!! I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.
I have found that it is very hard to take pictures of yourself.
I WILL post pictures of Emma's room when it is ALL put together so just use your imagination!

Hope you all have a wonderful week. 


3 comments:

  1. Avoid the c-section if you can. I had one, and it isn't really that bad. But consider all of your options and give the girl some time. Things can change quickly. You could be not dilated at all tonight and have the baby tomorrow, everybody is different. If it gets to the point where intervention needs to take place consider being induced before having a c-section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUUUUUU are such a cute pregnant lady!!!! Oh my goodness. :)
    And Yeah, things can honestly change over night. they did for me. I was not dilated very much. Thankfully my cervix was thinned a ton. But I went walking a ton and ran up some stairs and that night my water broke. :) So that little angel Emma will come when she is ready. :) I really know though how hard it is to be patient. :)
    Cannot wait to see her! So excited!

    ReplyDelete